Client Services Assistant Volunteer
We are seeking an enthusiastic volunteer to assist our Client Service Administrator on Reception in hosting our busy reception area and friendly waiting room. In this role, you will use your excellent interpersonal skills to welcome clients and visiting professionals and other volunteers to the Helen Bamber Foundation, making them feel comfortable, attending to any immediate needs they may have, assisting them with their queries and notifying clinicians and other staff of their arrival.
You will be at the heart of an exciting, team of experts working as a representative of the Helen Bamber Foundation and the first point of contact for our diverse range of clients and visitors. You will be a self-motivating team player, organised, efficient and have a compassionate mind-set.
Main tasks and activities
- Greeting clients and ensuring that clients are having their immediate needs met;
- Ensuring the reception is well-presented;
- Answering the phone and responding to a wide range of enquiries;
- Maintaining the shared Outlook calendar and co-ordinating room allocations;
- Booking interpreters;
- Ensuring the smooth running of the day to day activities;
- General office administration including: ordering of office supplies, entering data, filing and organising office supplies storage etc;
- Reception cover when needed.
Skills and experience needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high standard of written and spoken English;
- Excellent telephone manner; Empathetic and understanding.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft packages;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Punctual, reliable and self-motivated with a positive, ’can-do’ attitude;
- Ability to deal sensitively and in a warm, friendly and appropriate manner with clients who have specific needs;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks within a time-pressured environment;
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality given the sensitivity of the information and nature of the work;
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the objectives of the Helen Bamber Foundation.
What you will get out of the role:
- A better understanding of asylum seeker and refugee processes in the UK;
- Stronger administrative skills;
- An ability to multi-task between competing priorities;
- Experience of working with a multi-disciplinary team in a Human Rights charity;
- Ability to process large amounts of data and prioritise or categorise it;
- Ability to manage multiple busy calendars at the same time.
The Helen Bamber Foundation and Asylum Aid is an equal opportunities and Living Wage employer. We are committed to attracting and recruiting diverse candidates as we are keen to make sure that our staff, trustees, volunteers and ambassadors reflect the communities we serve and the wider community we work in at every level within the organisation. We particularly welcome applications from Minority Ethnicities.
Download full job description here.