We work with people who have experienced abhorrent cruelty and who have suffered unimaginable pain and trauma. We share this knowledge to improve services for all.
Survivors of trafficking and torture have often experienced multiple and repeated trauma. As a result of these traumatic experiences Survivors face multiple, complex issues including:
- Acute psychological health conditions
- Severe physical injuries and medical conditions
- Extreme vulnerability to further exploitation and persecution
Over the years through practice and research, our foundation has developed a comprehensive, specialised model of All Encompassing Care to ensure these complex issues can be addressed simultaneously.
Our specialist team of therapists, doctors and legal experts hold an international reputation for providing therapeutic care, medical consultation, legal protection and practical support including welfare and community integration work.
Our direct help can only reach a relatively small number of Survivors so alongside our care we also:
- Share our insight, research and training with other partner frontline organisations so we can indirectly help many more Survivors
- Work to secure Government policy change and best practice to reach every Survivor
- Provide more Survivors with legal representation through our group partner Asylum Aid