Submission to the Home Affairs Select Committee Inquiry into Home Office Preparedness for Covid19 - Institutional Asylum Accommodation
This submission addresses the issue specifically of “institutional (asylum) accommodation”, focusing primarily on the experiences of our clients in initial / emergency Home Office accommodation, but also on those already living in dispersal accommodation. Our clients are housed across the Greater London area.
This submission covers five key areas:
- Problems in initial accommodation and hotels
- Instances of room sharing
- Problems experienced in accommodation where social distancing is difficult/impossible
- difficulties in accessing food, cleaning products and phone data
- Where people are accessing help and support from
We give recommendations for improving provision of asylum support and accommodation.
Click the download link below to read the full submission.