Honorary Existential or Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Placement
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic practitioner interested in undertaking an Honorary Existential or Psychodynamic Psychotherapy post within the Multi-Disciplinary Therapy Team at The Helen Bamber Foundation. Our specialist team of therapists, doctors and legal experts provide care, consultation, and protection to survivors of extreme cruelty and human rights violations. We are strongly committed to the provision of therapeutic services to asylum seekers, as well as to those who obtain their legal status in the UK during their work with us.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with survivors of human rights abuses, as well as understanding the unique social and political context our clients are living in, and the effect of this on their psychological wellbeing. The role will involve hearing about and reading about extremely traumatic material and severe human suffering, so we are also looking for someone who has good self-care strategies in place and is willing/able to engage with this type of material.
Your role will include:
- Attending fortnightly 1:1 supervision with UKCP Accredited psychotherapist
- The opportunity to shadow assessments and attend complex cases and care plan meetings.
- Completing structured reviews with clients to monitor their progress over time
- Completing standardised measures with clients for research and therapeutic purposes
- Entering data and contributing to audits, which will help us to improve how we support our clients and secure funding for vital projects
- Completing casework with clients
How to Apply
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Teresa Cannon, on 0203 058 2020.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter (including which days you are available to volunteer at HBF) by 5pm on Thursday 4th November 2021 to email@example.com.
The Helen Bamber Foundation and Asylum Aid is an equal opportunities and Living Wage employer. We are committed to attracting and recruiting diverse candidates as we are keen to make sure that our staff, trustees, volunteers and ambassadors reflect the communities we serve and the wider community we work in at every level within the organisation. We particularly welcome applications from Minority Ethnicities.
Download full job description here.