Honorary Assistant Psychologist
We are looking for an honorary assistant psychologist to join our therapy team. We need someone who:
- Has completed a psychology degree (with GBR)
- Has a keen interest in working in the area of mental health for asylum seekers, refugees and victims of trafficking
- Has some experience working with people who have mental health problems
- Is looking to develop their clinical skills and experience
- Has experience working with databases and using programs such as Excel/SPSS
- Is available 1 day a week for at least 6 months. Please note that we primarily have vacancies on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Please be aware this is a client facing role and prospective applicants will need to be able to travel to our offices in Camden for face-to-face work.
Your role will include:
- Conducting initial assessments for people newly referred into our service to ascertain their legal, social and psychological needs and to assess their suitability for our services
- Completing structured reviews with clients to monitor their progress over time
- Completing standardised measures with clients for research and therapeutic purposes
- Entering data and contributing to an audit, which will help us to improve how we support our clients and secure funding for vital projects
- Shadowing and working with clinical psychologists
- Completing casework with clients
- Attending regular supervision
- Based on experience and progression in the role, there may be provision of some individual therapeutic ‘stabilisation’ work with clients.
The Helen Bamber Foundation and Asylum Aid is an equal opportunities and Living Wage employer. We are committed to attracting and recruiting diverse candidates as we are keen to make sure that our staff, trustees, volunteers and ambassadors reflect the communities we serve and the wider community we work in at every level within the organisation. We particularly welcome applications from Minority Ethnicities.